This course is intended for IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows client administration, and who want to learn more about using Windows PowerShell for administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell or any scripting language is assumed. This course is also suitable for IT Professionals already experienced in server administration, including Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, and System Center.
Students should at least have:
• Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
• Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Windows system administrator. No prerequisite courses are required
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Identify and run cmdlets for local system administration.
• Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
• Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
• Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
• Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
• Write basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
• Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell.
• Manage Azure resources with PowerShell.
• Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell.
• Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.