LPIC-2 is the second certification in LPI’s multi-level professional certification program. The LPIC-2 will validate the candidate’s ability to administer small to medium–sized mixed networks. The candidate must have an active LPIC-1 certification to receive LPIC-2 certification, but the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams may be taken in any order.
In this course students will learn how to plan, implement, keep consistent, secure and troubleshoot a small mixed (Microsoft, Linux) network, including a:
• LAN server (Samba, NFS, DNS, DHCP, client management)
• Internet Gateway (firewall, VPN, SSH, web cache/proxy, mail)
• Internet Server (web server and reverse proxy, FTP server)
Student will also learn about how to advise management on automation and purchases.
Before attending this course, delegates must have either of the two following courses:
To become LPIC-2 certified the candidate must be able to:
- Perform advanced system administration, including common tasks regarding the Linux kernel, system start-up and maintenance;
- Perform advanced Management of block storage and file systems as well as advanced networking and authentication and system security, including firewall and VPN;
- Install and configure fundamental network services, including DHCP, DNS, SSH, Web servers, file servers using FTP, NFS and Samba, email delivery; and
- Supervise assistants and advise management on automation and purchases.
Associated Certification & Exam
This course will prepare delegates to write the LPIC-2 exams, 201-450 and 202-450
Successfully passing exams 201-450 and 202-450 will result in the attainment of the LPIC-2 Linux Engineer Certification.
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Torque IT attendance certificate.
Duration : 5 Days