The intensive five-day CISM exam preparation course is designed to prepare professionals for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam. The course focuses on the key points covered in the CISM Review Manual 15th Edition and includes class lectures, group discussions/activities, exam practice and answer debriefs. The course is intended for individuals with familiarity with and experience in information security management.
While information has become more easily accessible and readily available, the associated risks and security threats have not only increased in number, but also complexity. As a result, the importance of ensuring that an enterprise’s information is protected has also increased. It is now more important than ever for executives to ensure that their IT security managers have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise
This course is intended for individuals who manage, design, oversee and assess an enterprises’ information security which includes, but is not limited to the following job roles:
• Information security practitioners
• Information security consultants
• Information security managers
• Security professionals, including those aspiring to attain the CISM designation
There are no prerequisite requirements for taking the CISM course or the CISM exam; however, in-order-to apply for the CISM certification, the candidate must meet the following requirements as determined by ISACA:
• Five (5) or more years of experience in information security management
• Waivers are available for a maximum of two (2) years
• Knowledge and understanding of information security architecture and technology
• Previous managerial experience is helpful but not required
On completion of the CISM exam preparation course, delegates will:
• Ensure that an enterprise’s information is protected
• Have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise
• Design, develop, implement and manage an effective security management program
• Establish and maintain an IT governance framework aligned with business objectives
• Identify and manage information security risks
• Have an understanding of the format and structure of the CISM certification exam
• Have knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam
• Practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for taking and passing the exam
Associated Certification & Exam
This course prepares delegates to write the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam.
On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a Torque IT attendance certificate.
Five (5) or more years of experience in information security management. Waivers are available for a maximum of two (2) years.
CISM Exam Information:
Length of Exam: 4 hours
Number of Questions: 150
Question Format: Multiple-choice and questions
Passing Grade: 450 out of 800 points
Exam Availability: English, Chinese Simplified, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Testing Center: PSI Testing Center
Duration: 5 Days