The CCISO Certification is an industry-leading program that recognizes the real-world experience necessary to succeed at the highest executive levels of information security. Bringing together all the components required for a C-Level position, the CCISO program combines audit management, governance, IS controls, human capital management, strategic program development, and the financial expertise vital to leading a highly successful IS program. Material in the CCISO Program assumes a high-level understanding of technical topics and doesn’t spend much time on strictly technical information, but rather on the application of technical knowledge to an information security executive’s day-to-day work. The CCISO aims to bridge the gap between the executive management knowledge that CISOs need and the technical knowledge that many aspiring CISOs have. This can be a crucial gap as a practitioner endeavours to move from mid-management to upper, executive management roles. Much of this is traditionally learned as on the job training, but the CCISO Training Program can be the key to a successful transition to the highest ranks of information security management.
This course is best suited for professionals who aspire to attain the highest regarded title within the information security profession – Certified Chief Information Security Officer.
There are no formal prerequisites to sit on the course however there are prerequisites to be met when taking the CCISO exam.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define, implement, and manage an information security governance program that includes leadership, organizational structures and processes.
- Establish information security management structure.
- Assess the major enterprise risk factors for compliance.
- Design and develop a program to monitor firewalls and identify firewall configuration issues.
- Identify vulnerability and attacks associated with wireless networks and manage different wireless network security tools.
- Deploy and manage anti-virus systems.
- Understand various system-engineering practices.
- Identify the volatile and persistent system information.
- Develop and manage an organizational digital forensic program.
- Identify the best practices to acquire, store and process digital evidence.
- Define key performance indicators and measure effectiveness on continuous basis.
- Allocate financial resources to projects, processes and units within information security program.
- Identify and report financial metrics to stakeholders.
- Design vendor selection process and management policy.
- Understand the IA security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
Associated Certification & Exam
The exam focuses on scenario-based questions that require applicants to apply their real-world experience in order to answer the questions successfully. To that end, in order to qualify to sit for the CCISO Exam, applicants must be approved by EC-Council in order to verify that they have at least five years of information security management experience in each of the five CCISO domains. Applicants with experience in three or less of the CCISO domains must first complete an Exam Eligibility Application and submit this to EC-Council for approval before attempting the exam – Exam Eligibility Application
Applicants who do not meet these requirements have the option of sitting for the EC-Council Information Security Manager (E|ISM) exam as part of the Associate CCISO Program. This option is available to candidates who do not yet possess the required years of experience. Associate CCISOs may sit for official CCISO training and then take and pass the EC-Council Information Security Manager (EISM) exam to enter the program at the associate level. Once the prerequisite years of experience have been completed, Associate CCISOs may take the full CCISO exam and earn the full certification.
CCISO Exam Info:
Number of Questions: 150
Passing Score: 72%
Test Duration: 2.5 Hours
Test Format: Scenario based Multiple Choice
EISM Exam Info:
Number of Questions: 150
Passing Score: 70%
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Torque IT attendance certificate
*When you attend any authorized EC Council training course at Torque IT you will receive the associated examination voucher as part of your course material. Your certification examination voucher can be used to book and pay for your certification examination at an Authorized EC Council Testing Center (ETC) only. If you are not able to sit your certification examination at Torque IT, and you have no other ETC locally available, you do have the ability to convert your examination voucher into a Pearson VUE examination voucher, at an additional cost.