This course will help you:
● Implement Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS to stop threats, address attacks, increase vulnerability prevention against suspicious files, and analyze for not-yet-identified threats
● Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on security
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
● Security administrators
● Security consultants
● Network administrators
● System engineers
● Technical support personnel
● Channel partners and resellers
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
● Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
● Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
● Detail Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for network discovery
● Implement access control policies and describe access control policy advanced features
● Configure security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
● Implement and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
● Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
● Integrate the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
● Describe and demonstrate the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center and configure a correlation policy
● Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management features
● Identify commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
Associated Certification & Exam
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a Torque IT attendance certificate.